Senior Software Engineer (Test)
In BBC Audience Platform our services are transforming the BBC into a data-driven organisation supporting the delivery of BBC’s services such as iPlayer, News, Sport, CBBC/ CBeebies, Weather, Radio and TV, etc.
You will be part of the BBC Audience Platform - Participation Team. Participation Team is responsible for Commenting, Moderation and Voting across the BBC online estate, and it is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in Products that have an impact on BBC Audience facing websites, like BBC News, Sport and Children’s. Products can be varied across the team from front-end UI, a significant amount of RESTful API
As a Senior Developer in Test, your role will entail understanding the feature requirements for our products and being able to advise on test. Using innovative practices for testing you will be able to communicate as well as collaborate, effectively with the team as a whole.
Your role as a Senior Developer in Test is an important one for the team and it's essential that you work closely with other Engineers in Test and Developers in the team. You will have experience in the best practices for Testing and Automation while helping the team to achieve great quality.
As well as advise and coach the team wherever required on Test practises, including Junior members of the scrum team.
The toolset is primarily Java, Serenity, Selenium and RestAssured for API. We also use Gatling for performance testing with Scala.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experienced with an Object Oriented Programming
- Experienced in Software Testing
- Experience with Test Automation Frameworks and Design patterns, Best practises.
- Experience with Testing RESTful APIs
- Recent experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with configuring and running jobs in Jenkins
- Experience being the Quality Advocate within the Team
- Integrating testing using Stubbing or Mocking.
- TDD or Unit Testing
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Flexible (we can consider Glasgow, London or Salford)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here