The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
- Provide technical support to an excel/AFO based template used for Production Accounting (e-Cat)
- Provide insight on the impacts of data requests (new/change/deletion etc.) from an end-to-end process prospective and also a systems and data integrity perspective.
- Support development of the following applications: e-Cat (Excel and Visual Basic), Microsoft Analysis for Office (AFO) related to e-Cat in line with the approved development plans, change requests and the operational service levels, keep system and support documentation up to date.
- Take part in projects and upgrade of the existing application and the implementation of new solutions and will support the maintenance and integrity of the BBC Business e-Cat Offerings .
- Provide advice and support to users.
- Develop solutions test cases and data review for data migrations and system upgrades in e-Cat.
- Adhere to and provide advice to users on the processes, procedures and documentation associated with requesting changes to the system.
- Ensure compliance at all times with BBC data quality standards as defined within the Data Management Strategy and Data Management Policies.
- Provide services in accordance with the ITIL Framework.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptionally strong excel and visual basic skills
- Strong technical knowledge of SAP Analysis for Office (AFO)
- Strong Production Accounting or Accounting background
- Understanding of SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC)
- Good working knowledge of SAP Financials
- Strong business analysis skills and able to turn those into technical solutions
- Sound understanding of system data controls, segregation of duties and fraud and risk management requirements in a complex organisation.
- Very strong analytical skills with a particular emphasis on understanding and transforming large volumes of complex data into valuable business information.
- Strong capability in working with end users and translating their business aspirations into very tangible solutions.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- A strong understanding of Data Protection legislation and how it impacts access controls.
- Experience of delivering services within an ITIL environment.
- Excellent customer skills especially with respect to verbal communications which are clear and understandable to users with relatively less technical and data analyst experience
- Information Technology degree, or equivalent professional qualification / experience
- Finance professional qualification/experience
Contract type: 22 Fixed Term Employee/Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here