Senior TV Ad Operations Executive
BBC Global News connect brands to the power of BBC audiences through our commercially funded international news, sport and features platforms, across TV, online, social and our apps.
Over half the global online audience watch or view the BBC on a monthly basis, attracting audiences with vastly differing characteristics. BBC Global News has the unique ability to engage influential, affluent audiences through vivid and authentic storytelling.
The TV Ad Operations Snr Executive EMEA is responsible for supporting the fulfilment of advertising on the BBC World News channel.
- Responsible for the efficient fulfilment of customer orders including the trafficking of campaigns including commercial copy broadcast on BBC World News.
- Responsibility for creating and updating deals, campaigns, products, agencies, advertiser, and billing detail in the TV order management system (Landmark).
- Delivery of completed and compliant spot schedules for transmission within agreed timescales.
- Pre-compliance and technical checks on commercial copy.
- Responsibility for monthly pre-invoice checks and amendments, to ensure all customers are invoiced correctly. Liaison with Finance to ensure customers invoices are delivered in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for tracking any loss of revenue due to booking or copy errors and ensuring processes are in place and being adhered to in order to make good losses.
Are you the right candidate?
- Strong experience of booking and trading commercial airtime and a good working knowledge of airtime-sales systems.
- Knowledge of television broadcast operations infrastructure.
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative and a flexible and responsible approach to work. Efficient, organised and good attention to detail.
- Landmark sales systems experience a definite advantage.
- Experience of TV copy compliance and digital delivery workflows
- Experience of VOD and OTT broadcast operations infrastructure an advantage.
- Demonstrate potential to manage a team.
Contract type: Continuing (Permanent)
Location: London, Television Centre
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here