Senior UX Delivery Manager
We are looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic UX delivery manager to join BBC’s UX&D team. In UX&D you’ll get to work with colleagues that apply human-centred design to BBC’s amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
We’re part of Design & Engineering, a division delivering world-class experiences to audiences across the world, and helping create a BBC that’s truly fit for future.
Your initial assignment will be with BBC iPlayer. As a UX Delivery Manager, you’ll work closely with a Creative Director to drive the future of BBC TV and help us deliver against our ambition to be no 1 TV service in UK by 2020. Your role will involve working with product, engineering, editorial, marketing and other disciplines. And you might work with external agencies too. You’ll need quick thinking, a calm head, great communication skills and a good eye for detail.
You’ll need to build relationships across Design & Engineering and beyond to help deliver superb design work. And you may need to build partnerships with external agencies and suppliers to coordinate design activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ve got substantial experience of project and account management in a design/digital media consultancy or similar environment.
- You’ve got strong project management skills, plus understanding and experience of Lean and Agile Development principles and methods.
- You’ve got extensive experience planning and delivering projects using human-centred design approaches.
- You’re an excellent communicator, people manager and team player, always listening and watching for how to improve ways of working.
- You’re a thinker and a doer. You have vision, enthusiasm, energy and integrity. You deliver to high standards. You make things happen.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions.
Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title when starting the role.