With over 350 hours of in-house output a year, BBC Studios is making some of the most original, diverse and highly acclaimed television. These range from continuing drama such as Doctors, Casualty, Holby City and EastEnders to series and serials such as Silent Witness and Doctor Who, to name just a few!
You’ll report to the Line Producer
- Manage a team of Location Managers and Unit Managers
- Negotiate competitive prices for location hire. Identify costs associated with each location
- Interpret scripts to identify the need for different types of locations
- Discuss requirements with directors, designers and other department heads to assess relevant locations
- Find and research locations, assessing them in terms of financial affordability, location practicality and suitability for given productions
- Maintain detailed, reliable information sources about locations, including their ownership, directions and facilities
- Manage a budget to ensure high-quality, cost-efficient outcomes
- Ensure compliance with local regulations, as well as other contractual obligations
- A competency of risk assessments is required.
- Organise recce schedules for production, investigating potential problems that could arise, whilst always being in contact with local residents within a shooting area of up and coming filming and dealing with any issues that could arise.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of working in Scripted Drama as a Location Manager, preferably on a continuing drama series
- Proven ability to source suitable locations, with highly developed negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of establishing constructive relationships with location owners
- Ability to raise contracts and other legal documentation
- Financial and budgeting abilities
- Current knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and associated procedures, including how to comply with regulatory requirement
**Please note that this is a standard Studios Production contract and potentially can involve up to 55 hours per week **
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here