BBC Children’s In House Animation Team is responsible for the development and production of a wide range of multi-platform animation and puppetry including Go Jetters, Love Monster, Danger Mouse, Bitz & Bob, Kit & Pup, The Furchester Hotel and JoJo & Gran Gran. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcchildrensproduction
In-house animation has secured a 52 x 7min commission for a brand new comedy adventure for the upper end age range of CBeebies. This landmark series is a 3-way co-production with partners including BBC Studios. The show will offer the audience a fun-fuelled, action-packed, super-hero adventure. We are now seeking an animation Series Producer to support the Executive Producer in creating, shaping and delivering this animated series.
- Working to the Executive Producer, to manage all stages of the production process, from scripting to post-production and delivery, ensuring that deadlines are met, budgets are not exceeded, BBC editorial guidelines are adhered to and the most creative, high quality content is produced.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer and co-production partners to define creatively the mood and personality of all content, crafting stories that will resonate with the Children’s audience. To drive content narratively and visually, both in terms of style and structure, encouraging innovation but always working within BBC editorial guidelines
- Leading and motivating the team to ensure that the vision for the series is communicated and understood. You will inspire the team to realise this vision by providing a strong sense of direction and a supportive environment in which to work. As part of this you will monitor performance, give constructive feedback, lead by example and treat the team with consideration when under pressure, reporting any findings back to the Executive Producer.
- To work closely with the series animation company articulating the vision for the series and inspiring others to realise it by providing a strong sense of direction, creative energy and collaboration.
- To generate and facilitate creative and original ideas to solve problems at all stages of animation.
- Managing the editorial content of the show to maximise reuse and optimise resource expenditure and effort.
- Attend the voice record sessions, working in partnership with the Voice Director to guide and inspire voice talent to create the best possible results
- To ensure that the content is produced in a way that demonstrates sound editorial judgment based on an understanding of the Children’s audience, the commissioning team’s vision and a thorough understanding of the BBC’s editorial guidelines.
- To manage external relationships and production approvals and feedback processes with our co-production partners and service providers.
- Consulting when appropriate on product approvals and brand management.
- Work with the Head Writer and Script Assistant to take the final scripts through to completion.
- To work with and create and ensure the supply of agreed deliverables to other departments and stakeholders.
- To work with teams from CBeebies Interactive and Radio to ensure creative and cost effective cross platform content. Ensure that the series operates within the BBC Editorial Guidelines and meets the needs of its audience and the head of commissioning for 0 to 6’s.
- Working closely with the Production Management team to deliver on time and on budget by effectively prioritising, planning ahead and anticipating problems ensuring maximum budget makes it on-screen.
- Proactively embracing new technologies, new ways of working and innovation on the BBC North site that can benefit the series.
- To ensure that BBC output reflects the diverse nature of our audiences.
- Understanding the duty of care in general with regard to individuals’ wellbeing and in particular with regard to Health and Safety issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- An experienced animation Producer, with a proven track record in long form animation production focusing on comedy, producing a wide range of visually compelling, innovative and high quality series for children with wide ranging experience and knowledge of the animation production processes.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the children’s audience, and a good awareness of BBC Children’s output and children’s content from other broadcasters.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, motivating and managing large and small teams is essential as is developing and managing the performance of junior staff.
- A solid track record of initiating and developing comedic creative scripts.
- Experience of working with and/or developing voice talent to a high professional standard, with comedic performances at the forefront.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to structure comedic narrative.
- Experience of managing complex budgets.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Experience of the latest production and post-production processes and techniques and technology.
- Able to demonstrate strong editorial judgement in a fast moving environment. Knowledge of relevant editorial guidelines and awareness of BBC and statutory policies and regulations relevant to programme making e.g. producers guidelines, artists' rights, copyright, music copyright, insurance requirements, working with children etc. Sound editorial judgement and a thorough knowledge of editorial and legal guidelines.
- An interest in multi-platform and awareness of the opportunities for developing this area.
- An up-to-date understanding of the BBC’s diverse audiences and their needs and expectations and use this to help shape creative and engaging output.
- Understanding of the duty of care in general with regard to individuals’ wellbeing and in particular with regard to Health & Safety issues.
Please note that the application process will only ask you to upload a CV. Please therefore ensure that your CV highlights as far as possible the above skills and experience.
Contract type: FTC/attachment - ASAP to December 2022
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here