Grace’s Amazing Machines is one of the most popular and well loved titles on Cbeebies. This is a magazine formatted series in which motorbike rider Grace test drives all kinds of machines to find her favourites. Grace is a dynamic all-action presenter and she has driven everything from high powered jet-water propelled flyboards to industrial carrot pickers. The show has even been to Florida so Grace can test out swamp machines. With The Darkness creating the title music and Grace drawing attention as an outstanding role model, plus exciting high octane content that the audience love, Grace’s Amazing Machines is a ground-breaking, high-powered ride.
As Series Producer, you will oversee the production from prep to delivery, delivering a exciting series which engages our young audience and meets their diverse needs. You will oversee and motivate the production team - including remotely, where applicable - and provide editorial and logistical guidance to ensure that production ambitions can be realised. You will work closely with the Production Manager to ensure maximise production value with budgets, and particularly around health and safety requirements, which will be of increased importance on this high-octane series.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have the necessary experience, skills and knowledge to deliver an end-to-end production, including managing a team, providing editorial direction, maximising production value, and resolving editorial and logistical issues.
In particular, the following skills and experience would be beneficial for this particular production. Please highlight these skills as far as possible in your CV submission.
- A strong knowledge of health and safety protocols, particularly in relation to extreme sports and/or heavy machinery.
- Ability to devise and manage complex schedules, for example a magazine-style formatted show.
- Knowledge of rules and restrictions around showing commercial branding in content.
- A demonstrable knowledge of how to creatively film with vehicles in difficult terrains, on water and in the air.
- Capability to manage a large team filming in a variety of challenging situations while taking care of their welfare and wellbeing.
- Understanding of the challenges of managing a production where the team are working remotely, and of adhering to COVID-19 safety guidelines without diluting editorial ambition
- Overseeing the scripting, filming and editing of shows with creativity and imagination, making sure every show brings something interesting to the format.
Contract type: 1 x fixed-term contract / attachment from April to December 2021
Location: MediaCityUK Salford (working remotely where possible, but some on-site work required where essential e.g. filming)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here