CBBC Live Lessons bring school subjects to life with hands-on interactive lessons featuring some of the BBC's biggest brands and presenters. We are looking for a Series Producer to oversee the end-to-end delivery of the new series, including liaison with educational consultants, planning, scripting, filming, and edits.
Working to the Executive Producer you will be in charge of managing a Producer and both studio and VT filming teams in order to create a series of live and as-live studio based programmes. Selected responsibilities will include:
- To work with the Studio Director and Executive Producer to ensure all elements of the show are of high creative standard and factually correct.
- To assemble shows in the edit.
- To communicate the creative vision for each subject-themed Live Lesson, working with the Director, Lighting Director, Set Designer, and OB company.
- To work with an education consultant and the Producer to ensure the content is educationally relevant to the curriculum.
- To be responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety planning and risk assessments in studio.
The Ideal Candidate
We would like to encourage candidates who have worked to at least Producer level in broadcast production, and who can evidence readiness to take on a series. This should include experience of running teams and working up engaging content ideas for live or as-live studio programmes. Specific children’s experience is not essential but any previous experience of working with children or young people (e.g. on family formats) and/or of ‘edutainment’ would be beneficial and we would encourage you to highlight this in your CV.
The application process will ask you to upload a CV and to submit a short idea for the series. Previous episodes can be watched here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000c60c/cbbc-live-lessons
Contract Type: 1 x fixed-term contract / attachment from mid-July 2021 to December 2021
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford. Remote working possible for prep, but must be in Salford for regular filming blocks.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here