Service Delivery Manager
TV Business Systems is responsible for the support and ongoing development of key business systems used by the BBC Content, Children’s and Nations BBC divisions, including but not limited to:
- Business Objects Reports
- Compliance Manager
- Silvermouse / Diamond
- OfCom database
The team work within BBC D&E to support and coordinate the strategic direction and delivery of TV Systems to the recipient BBC users and designated third parties (i.e. MediaGeniX, RedBee Media).
- Set-up, coordinate and manage regular SLA / OLA reviews and reporting for each supplier delivering any part of the TV system architecture including the provision of continuous service improvement initiatives
- Manage new releases from TV systems with the wider TV Business Systems, third party and business teams as required (including communication strategy of release plans). Coordinate and track system releases from TV Systems with third party and internal suppliers; review and distribute release notes as appropriate
- Ensuring business area adherence to and implementation of Information Security policies and procedures, Environment Management procedures, and Infrastructure Management procedures
- Design, Plan and test Disaster Recovery/ business continuity procedures for all TV Systems in conjunction with relevant third parties
- Coordinate with other BBC system providers to ensure an integrated suite of development, testing, preproduction and support environments to ensure that Issues can be properly triaged and fixed
- understand how the business will use the relevant TV systems to support their business processes and information flows, engaging with new TV systems projects as required
- review the business usage of the TV Systems, with the aim of optimising and standardising their usage across the BBC, and SLA’s agreed with system suppliers
- support the TV Business System Programme Manager, Product Owner and Operational Lead and report relevant service metrics to the Business Systems Direction Group
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working on major high profile programmes, managing several systems
- ITIL certified
- Managed multiple internal & external suppliers
- Experience of working as part of a large multi functional technical, support & supplier team
- Experience of transitioning systems to on—going BAU support organisations
Salary band D - Permanent role - Based in W1A
- Excellent career progression: the BBC offers great opportunities for staff to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities: our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community: we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical opportunities: We work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, healthcare, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.