Service Manager (Service Portfolio Manager)
BBC Design & Engineering delivers products, platforms and services globally, supporting the BBC's digital transformation and helping to change the Corporation into an internet fit broadcaster. Its ambition is to be one of the most exciting technology groups for any media company in the world.
The Division consists of the Infrastructure, Services, Operations and Commercial (ISOC) Group with responsibility for the BBC products, platforms and services that provide the operating environment for the BBC including control rooms, support infrastructure and device/OS technology.
As the role holder you will be part of the Service Information and Support Team, with specific responsibilities for owning and delivering deliverables on behalf of Broadcast and Online Service Management in respect to developing, delivering and maintaining a BBC Service Catalogue (within a Service Management Framework) in line with ITIL v4 best practice and aligned to business requirements.
The role holder will collaborate across the business and with BBC Product Owners to deliver the Catalogue; deliver expected outcomes and meet stakeholder expectations within the brief and constraints of time, cost, scope and quality and to use appropriate approaches and techniques.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in designing, developing and building an online Service Catalogue in a large, complex technology environment.
- Experience in managing projects/workstreams to successful outcomes.
- Experience in problem solving, progress monitoring, managing risk and budget/resource.
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with a delivery focus
- Strong and influential relationship management skills with stakeholders, colleagues and users in pursuit of delivering high quality services.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate large amounts of information.
- Demonstrable ability to manipulate data and summarise complex reports to present to non-specialists.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office Professional including Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Advanced) and Visio
- Excellent spoken and written Business English skills and the ability to write clear and concise text for senior audiences
- Demonstrable experience of flexible and proactive information gathering.
- Exceptional personal organisation skills and the ability to manage own time to meet deadines.
- Ability and confidence to take charge of diverse tasks and deliver high quality work in a challenging and changing environment.
- Ability to present in a professional and business-like manner to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities
- ITIL v4 Intermediate Level
- Experience working with Service Management Enterprise toolsets (Remedy preferably)
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here