This role is part of BBC Studios, our global content company that supports the BBC Public Service mission of maximising the greatest commercial returns to the licence payer by building BBC brands, audiences and reputation across the world.
The BBC Studios Product and Technology group is responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Studios portfolio of products.
Our portfolio is diverse but is fully focused on supporting our functions and businesses around the globe whether that be back-office functions, content production or direct to consumer offerings. We are a growing function and will provide an important contribution to the business growth targets over the coming years.
Core to that growth will be the launching of new or enhanced digital products into the market in order to monetize our content offering. You will be joining the team as a key member for shaping and delivering a commercial news subscription offering which is at the mobilisation phase.
Commercial Digital are a multi-function delivery team focused on delivery of world class direct-to-consumer and business-to-business solutions within BBC Studios. We are a small agile team delivering big change. We work in a fast-paced environment more akin to a start-up.
Our products include a number of marquee brands including BritBox, BBC.com and Top Gear.
You will join a team where everyone - including you – strives to better understand our customers and improve our products on a daily basis.
As a team we are adaptable, supportive, highly business focused and continually looking to improve.
This role provides the opportunity to be part of an exciting and entrepreneurial internationally focused team that values creativity and proactive problem-solving.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who will support the setup of a new support function for a new product.
The proposition is at an early stage and we are looking for someone who can join the team to help setup processes, organise ways of working and promote a structure for all delivery partners/suppliers - both internal and external to align.
- Administrative ownership and support for functional area: coordinates process; undertakes audits of process; ensures accuracy of, and reconciles, data; identifies areas for improvement; analyses data; produces reports; undertakes trend analysis/forecasting; etc.
- Communicates complex information verbally and in writing as well as ideas to multidisciplinary stakeholders and is able to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues. Provides specialist advice to stakeholders on process and contributes to the continuous development of policy and process.
- Advocate for specialist support processes and ensure that principles and processes are well established and adhered to. Demonstrating best practice as well as training and information dissemination to other stakeholders.
- Uses persuasion skills to encourage stakeholders to follow process and addresses non- compliance.
- Influences management decision making through the gathering and analysis of information from a breadth sources - identifies issues, solutions and trends.
- Act as a central point of contact amongst internal and external supplier teams and ensure smooth running of the service.
Are you the right candidate?
- Ability to identify and improve performance measurement and reporting processes in a large organisation.
- Experience of creating and distributing comprehensive business reports from a number of sources.
- Experience of using a Service Management tool.
- Experience of working with multiple 3rd parties/suppliers to facilitate resolution, follow-up on open items, escalate issues and drive improvement.
- Ability to manipulate data and summarise complex reports to present to non-specialists.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with a delivery focus in both project and operational environments.
- Experience of automating reports.
- Comfortable with using technology for communications..
- Able to use Microsoft Office Professional including Word, PowerPoint, Excel (advanced skills) and common diagramming tools.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing and interpreting monthly reporting statistics for complex IT environments.
- Good personal organisation skills and ability to manage own time to meet deadlines.
- Ability and self-assurance to take charge of diverse tasks and deliver high quality work in a challenging and changing environment.
- Ability to present in a professional manner to internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
- A flexible approach to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundation Level is essential
- Experience of setting up a new support function.
- Experience of reviewing contractual agreements with 3rd party suppliers and identifying opportunities for harmonisation of the SLAs and driving improvements in the service.
- Ability to produce high quality documentation e.g. Service Definition Document.
- Knowledge of the media sector.
Contract type: Permanent Full Time
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/XXX in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here