Service Transition Manager
Broadcast and Online Service Management provide Service Management support across Design and Engineering.
The Service Manager will support a function within Service Management and Support. The role holder will provide specialist advice/guidance/challenge to internal stakeholders on administrative process and delivery. The role holder will co-ordinate and deliver all the service and information reporting (ad-hoc and scheduled) required across the function.
As a Service Transition Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Administrative ownership and support for functional area: coordinates process, undertakes audits of process, ensures accuracy of, and reconciles data, identifies areas for improvement, analyses data, produces reports, undertakes trend analysis/forecasting, etc.
- Communicates written and verbally complex information and ideas to
- multidisciplinary stakeholders and is able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical colleagues. Provides specialist advice to stakeholders on process and contributes to the continuous development of policy and process
- Champion specialist support processes and ensure that principles and processes are well established and adhered to. Encourage teams to use them by demonstrating best practice as well as training and information dissemination to other stakeholders
- Uses persuasive skills to encourage stakeholders to follow process and challenges non- compliance
- Influences management decision making through the gathering and analysis of information from a breadth sources - identifies issues, solutions and trends
**Please refer to the Job Description for more information.**
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate should posses the following skills and experience within Transition:
- Proven ability to show resiliency and be able to prioritise key activities within the business while managing stakeholder expectations
- Can cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, responding calmly and rationally to changing a landscape
- Can take ownership & responsibility for the service transition of defined new services/systems within the BBC
- ITIL V3 Foundation (preferably ITIL Service Transition Lifecycle also)
- Responsible for day to day change management activities as part of a team and successfully manages escalations as required
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here