Social Media Assistant Producer, A Question of Sport
BBC Studios are looking for an experienced Assistant Producer to be in charge of all online content for the upcoming series of the nations number one sports quiz, A Question of Sport. The successful applicant will report directly to the programmes Producer and Executive Producer.
The Assistant Producer will work closely with other members of production, but will also be a self-sufficient individual who can manage their own time. They will be tasked with coming up with ideas and content for every aspect of our online offering, helping to shape this output taking it in new directions whilst making sure it is in keeping with the brand both editorially and creatively.
The Social Media Assistant Producer on A Question of Sport will be required to keep abreast of social trends, sporting stories and innovative technology. Sourcing potential guests, having an interest in a variety of sports, and objectively assessing the quality and suitability of contributors, locations and programme materials will also be key to this role. They need to be able to communicate effectively with contributors, the production team and the producer to ensure all are kept fully informed of developments and requirements.
The Assistant Producer will contribute to the creative treatment of an item or programme whilst ensuring consistency in content, quality and style and identify new approaches and contribute ideas that are feasible and consistent with editorial intentions. They are required to use their time and resources efficiently, in order to achieve maximum productivity within deadlines and budgets. Whilst also being able to respond flexibly to changes and work on several projects simultaneously, monitoring progress.
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate(s) will have
- Demonstrable evidence of producing content for online broadcast that has been self-shot and self edited. Sound working knowledge of the internet, social media, video production, multimedia production processes and software.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the programmes audience, and a good awareness of output from industry leaders and rivalries.
- Proven experience in writing creative copy and the ability to work in different tones of voice for different audiences and platforms.
- Assistant Producer experience including; managing others, suggesting and researching creative programme ideas and briefs, securing access to guests, contributors and locations. Experience of VT editing.
- Knowledge of the programme and the rounds within it, understanding the need for balance between entertainment and sporting content.
- Experience of using sound editorial judgement both of own work and others is essential. Must have previous experience of editorially signing off work from junior members of the team.
- Experience of using Final Cut Pro and or Adobe Premiere is essential, as is knowledge and experience of using Photoshop/After Effects.
- Demonstrable interest in quizzes. Demonstrable understanding of different types of quiz shows, quiz mechanics and methods of game play
- An ability to generate imaginative and compelling round ideas as well as getting the best out of other ideas from within the team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to establish positive working relations with a wide range of contributors, celebrities and agents.
PLEASE SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
ROLE:Social Media Assistant Producer, A Question of Sport
DEPT: Entertainment North, BBC Studios
GRADE: 7/BAND C
BASE: MCUK SALFORD
CONTRACT LENGTH:1x FTC/attachment - To start April 2018for approx. 8 months
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.