Social Media Executive (BBC Four)
We’re looking for a strategic, ambitious and creative social media practitioner to become our new Social Media Executive, BBC Four.
The Social Media Executive, BBC Four will work across the BBC Four social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter, and is accountable to the Social Media Manger, BBC Two, Four and iPlayer.
The role will help deliver a coherent, consistent social media experience for UK 16-34s and other underserved audiences, working closely with the Social Media Manager, BBC Four and other social and digital roles to ensure each account delivers on the agreed social strategy, maximises engaged reach with young audiences, delivers content of the highest creative quality, and drives traffic around the BBC portfolio.
This role will work closely with other social, M&A, Content and Production roles, and other relevant BBC and external teams, to maximise the impact of BBC Four social activity.
This is an incredible opportunity to develop your editorial and strategic and skills within the social media discipline, as the Social Media Executive for one of the BBC’s flagship social brands.
This is a fixed-term contract until 31st March 2020.
When applying, please pay particular attention to the Appendix of the attached Job Description:
- Create and curate social content for the BBC Four social media accounts, including the management of high priority campaigns.
- Influence and implement BBC Four’s strategic and creative development in the social space.
- Work closely with the BBC Four Marketing team, Media Planning and other M&A teams, to align plans around priority programmes.
- Work closely with Production and digital production teams to develop social media assets and plan/guide social media activity.
- Work closely with Commissioning to plan/guide social activity around BBC Four programmes.
- Work closely with, and report directly to Channel to ensure they are across BBC Four’s social media plans, output and performance.
- Collaborate with other BBC and external social teams, and other third parties in the UK and overseas, to extend the reach of BBC Four content on social platforms.
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest in BBC Four content, particularly its factual and music output, and knowledge of the BBC Four audience.
- A track record of working in social media, developing, producing and delivering social media content and campaigns. Ideally in an editorial environment that has daily volume requirements or within an agency that delivers the same for large volume social brands.
- Strong digital creative skills, but especially video editing and use of Final Cut Pro and/or Premiere Pro.
- Strong credentials that demonstrate experience of engaging and building online audiences.
- Experience of using data and analytics to inform planning and decision making.
- Experience of managing complex projects, with an ability to prioritise and deliver results via a team.
- Relationships with third party social media platforms and experience of working with new and emerging online technologies and tools to develop digital and social media content.
- Fantastic editorial judgement and the appetite to take on editorial responsibility for the BBC’s highest profile programmes.
- Strong copywriting skills and great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for social media.
Contract type: Fixed-term until 31st March 2020
Location: New Broadcasting House, London, W1A
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here