We’re looking for a strategic, ambitious and creative individual who is passionate about the music and culture of Radio 1Xtra.
This role sits within the central social media team and you should also expect to work across our other Pop Radio Networks – Radio 1, Asian Network, 6 Music and Radio 2.
1Xtra is a fast paced radio network with a focus on appealing to youth audiences – not only through live radio, but in social spaces such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snap.
The Social Media Executive will support the existing social team with the creation and curation of social content that connects with young audiences with the goal of more and regular listening to our radio stations and use of BBC Sounds.
Your challenge will be to create and curate engaging social media content that brings our radio output to life and gives young audiences unique access to the biggest stars in the world and the some of the most exciting music moments across the year.
You will work with our social media producers, marketing teams, digital production teams, radio production teams, Presenters and the stars that visit our studios on a daily basis to support huge social campaigns and moments.
- Support the vision, tone and content schedule for Radio 1Xtra social channels
- Work with in house BBC and 3rd party digital production teams and agencies to deliver digital/social formats, video and memes
- Demonstrate a great understanding of different social platforms and formats, best practice, and styles/approaches that lead to posts that engage young users
- Have good knowledge of how to use audio and video to communicate to youth audiences – including creating these content types yourself
Are you the right candidate?
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- A track record of working in social media – within the music, radio or entertainment industry
- Experience authoring high profile social media accounts, channels, and pages
- A huge, demonstrable passion for Radio 1Xtra, its music, culture and output
- Experienced in creating content for different social platforms – including Stories, live video, GIFs and video content
Contract type: Continuing (Permanent)
Location: New Broadcasting House, London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here