Social Media Producer, BBC Reel
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on BBC Reel, BBC.com’s internationally-focused factual video website.
Working with senior editors, the role involves shaping the social media strategy for BBC Reel’s original digital video content, sourcing video from other parts of the BBC, and working closely with the BBC.com Features teams (Future, Culture, Capital and Travel) and World News commissioning editors.
- Develop and implement an outstanding social media strategy for BBC Reel with the goal of growing our audience on- and off-site
- Track success through engagement rates, growth statistics, readers responses and other metrics
- Create a distinctive voice for BBC Reel on social media
- Create content, including production of social video that meets the BBC’s highest editorial standards.
- Exercise editorial judgment in developing ideas and producing accurate and impartial journalism.
- Provide insight into emerging platforms, trends or behaviours in social media.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in creating successful social media content for media companies
- Solid knowledge of social media best practices, digital trends, entertainment and the social media/emerging technologies landscape
- Sound editorial judgement based upon a clear understanding of the BBC’s distinctive editorial guidelines
- Significant experience in filming and editing compelling short documentaries, explainers and digital videos
- A strong talent in visual storytelling
- Fluent in using FinalCutPro, and/or Adobe Premiere
Contract type: 12 month FTC
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here