Within D+E Platform, the Editorial Services team creates and maintains editorial tools, systems and workflows that supply a large number of online products with content, including News, Sport, /programmes, and Children.
Our products span the whole of the BBC and reach millions of users!
Not only will you be working on great projects and with cutting edge technologies you will be surrounded by a team of like-minded Technology professionals from whom you can learn and grow. We regularly have Technical Brown bag sessions and try to have frequent Hackathons. This is an environment where we love to share ideas, challenge the traditional with our goal of taking the BBC on the journey to be a Digital First organization.
We strive towards writing beautiful code that’s test-driven and easy for anyone in the team to pick up. The excitement doesn’t purely end with automation tests though! You will have the opportunity to use all the tricks of the trade to achieve the best Quality for the products. Understanding the feature requirements inside out, using exploratory and innovative practises for manual testing you will be able to communicate as well as collaborate, effectively with the team as a whole.
In BBC Platform team we use the latest tech, with teams that inspire innovation and autonomy, and striving towards Continuous Delivery.
- Ownership and autonomy to work on testing tasks and be pro-active in managing it end to end.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation
- Use risk driven techniques
- Work with the Development team to capture and re use automated unit test cases, stubs, drivers and other development test objects
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of test automation frameworks using best-practice techniques and principles
- Report progress and provide any test metrics or reports required to support the Test Manager/Lead Accurately and comprehensively record defects discovered during execution of test cases
- Prepare test data and test estimates
- Report issues and risks to the Test Manager/Lead
- Provide support and knowledge to other members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication and enthusiasm for team-work
- Enquiring mind and proactive
- History of conspicuous achievement (in any discipline)
- Appreciation of Cloud (particularly AWS) architectures
- Understanding of web technologies
- Working knowledge of at least two programming languages
- RESTful API Testing and end to end test Automation (Selenium or Cypress)
- Experience of creating test scenarios and acceptance tests against user stories
- Experience in at least one Behavior Driven Test Framework e.g. Cucumber
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Experience with distributed source control (Git)
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Cross browser testing using tool BrowserStack
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Remote / London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here