Would you like join the BBC Digital team and transform the way media is consumed? Brilliant, we would love to hear from you. All we ask is for you to create a profile (if you haven’t already) and submit your CV onto our database. One of our recruitment specialists will be in contact with you to discuss opportunities that may be suitable in line with your skills and experience.
Our ambition is to create the most valued open digital media service in the world. BBC Digital is the driving force behind the transformation of the BBC for an interactive, on-demand future. If you’re ready to work with the best content, on the best platforms, this is your chance.
We cater for audiences who want to access and interact with BBC programmes and services through the internet. We bring technology and design teams together to work in partnership with the BBC's editorial teams.
We are looking for Developers to join us and you'll see how bbc.co.uk works from the inside, while contributing to code that serves an audience of millions around the world.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Developing, testing, release and document applications using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance.
- Collaborating effectively to exploit new technologies to enhance the applications and service infrastructure.
- Reviewing the work of other team members, providing shared code ownership.
- Promoting skills and knowledge sharing, investing new ideas and skills into the core team.
Are you the right candidate?
- Be a Computer Science graduate (or equivalent)
- Be passionate about software and/or web development and interested in developing your skillset in any of the following:
- PHP Programming
- Creating and maintaining RESTful web services, written in Java and deployed on AWS
- Responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Dynamic web applications using the latest technologies and best practices, based on Backbone.js, Node and React with HTML5, CSS3, Sass
- Writing REST APIs
- Developing Node.JS applications
- Industrial-scale systems administration and automation for Linux, on public clouds and on-premises
- Performance tuning and testing for high-capacity network appliances, including kernel and systems programming in C
*Please note this is not a live vacancy but a talent pool for you to register your interest in the BBC.*