We are looking for a full stack developer to join our Consumer Digital team, providing ongoing support and development for one of our key sales tools. This is a web application that allows potential media buyers to browse and view a catalogue of the BBC’s programme content.
The ideal candidate would have to be comfortable working across frontend and backend services.
- Design and develop effective software that meets complex product and business needs
- Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensuring code quality and coverage
- Review others’ code and provide feedback
- Write, review and take responsibility for technical documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the product life cycle, including out-of-hours support for incident resolution
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for someone who will have the following skills and experience:
- REST web services
- Test automation
- Version control systems
- Continuous integration
Contract type: Permanent - Full time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here