***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
This role provides in depth data analysis and broad-based research to support new and existing BBC Studios ventures – specifically in growing divisions of the BBC Studios Americas group. These include but are not limited to: the soon to be launched BBC Select streaming service, digital business initiatives in the AVOD & FAST channel spaces and Sales & Distribution teams’ emerging streaming partnerships.
This role is a blend of data management and insight reporting from resulting data analysis. Its focus is on Americas based business priorities and adjacent Global customers with strong US presence. The role will focus on both regular health checks & updates on the performance of channels & content alongside high level, ad hoc projects to inform marketing & business strategy.
- Analyze BBC Studios’ partner platform data (e.g. Amazon, Apple, etc.) to determine channel performance against key metrics (such as Customer lifetime value, Program consumption, etc.) to evaluate the health of channels, content and partnerships
- Extract insights on customer behavior to inform programming and marketing decisions based on observed subscriber behaviors (e.g. Link new subscription uptake to marketing tactics to provide indication of marketing ROI, value programs based on consumption levels, etc.)
- Deliver regular, consumer focused reporting utilizing both internal and external resources, collaborating with the wider business to represent the “full picture” (e.g. all insight, digital marketing, relevant financial results, etc.)
- Play a key role in the execution and delivery of relevant value-added insights activities for priority platforms and partnerships across the Americas, utilizing a breadth of insight methodologies
- Develop new and advance existing internal databases to optimize the accessibility and visualization of primary data
- Perform critical Quality Control checks on incoming data to ensure accuracy in reporting as shared by channels and partners as well as harmonize data across platforms to elevate insights into holistic performance stories
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Working across business areas and managing multiple projects and requests with (occasionally conflicting) deadline constraints.
- Managing expectations of contacts and internal stakeholders regarding limited time and data constraints.
- Developing solutions to gaps in data availability and management with limited resources.
PLANNING AND ORGANISATION
- Managing and planning for a wide range of needs out of data analysis.
- High level skill and detail-orientation, with a meticulous approach to ensuring accuracy in all communications.
- Self-starting with an understanding of data systems and an ability to structure and execute analysis to solve complex problems, often with limited information.
- High level prioritization will be advised by the Director of Insights.
- Key stakeholders across various divisions within BBC Studios Americas will influence approach to responsibilities.
- Strong personal prioritization is crucial for the role’s day-to-day success.
- Many of the projects involve working with colleagues from across BBC Studios, particularly department heads, marketing and UK based counterparts. Other contacts include key staff in LA, Miami and Toronto offices.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years’ experience in data analysis – prior work in streaming, media or similar industries preferred
- Proficient in using Advanced Excel tactics to work with raw and semi-structured data, building databases into dashboards
- Proven ability to present complex figures in clear visualizations alongside actionable implications
- Must have strong attention to intricate and varied details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the streaming media industry and content preferred
- Familiarity with BBC programming and British television programming in general, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here