Staff Producer, BBC Global News
Programme Partnerships is a new division at BBC Global News. We tell the stories that make a difference but don’t always make the headlines. We identify the innovation, ambition and impact of some of the most transformative endeavours shaping our world today. Industries, campaigns, causes and passions are explored and unveiled around the globe. The creative and production values of BBC StoryWorks, combined with new and exclusive global audiences – we offer our partners the chance to bring their experience and expertise to life, today.
The Producer will be a key member of a team that develops branded content to the highest creative and editorial standards, delivered on time and on budget, with adherence to BBC guidelines. This position reports to the Executive Producer
- To produce distinctive engaging content from conception to delivery.
- To be a key member of a production team, managing multiple clients at one time.
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with partners and production companies and be able to give constructive feedback.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the department’s strategy and policy.
- Deputising where appropriate for senior team members.
- Support the Executive Producer with project setup and project management
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in Journalism
- Broadcast experience at Producer level.
- Brand experience desirable.
- Strong writing skills and ability to produce high-quality video content.
- A thorough knowledge of BBC editorial guidelines and other compliance policies, or has the desire to glean this knowledge quickly.
- Understands the importance of the BBC's values in accuracy and impartiality.
- Proven experience of the latest production techniques and technologies.
- Excellent editorial judgement and knowledge of the target audience, their needs and expectations
- Ability to establish effective short and long term relationships with a wide range of people, talent, partners and agencies.
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills. Ability to manage several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London - Broadcast Centre
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here