As Studio Manager, you will be responsible for planning, managing, tracking and delivering all work that comes into the Design Studio. Working closely with the Creative Director, and Design Director, you will have a clear understanding of the requirements of the business in order to plan multiple work-streams, balancing the creative vision and objectives with running an efficient, lean and effective team.
Working closely with the Marketing and Creative team you will be part of the vision for creating outstanding experiential events that promote key shows and bring new audiences to the BBC portfolio. You will take a pivotal role in the production of printed and online sales materials, allocating budget according to priority and ensuring that all design collateral is delivered to the keys events on time and on budget.
You will oversee all central branding campaign design projects, sourcing talent, overseeing pipeline and meticulously planning the productions to ensure a successful delivery.
- Manage the design studio and ensure the smooth running of the production teams’ workflow and administrative processes.
- Oversee the pipeline of work across programme titles, Red, Blue, Yellow and Green, allocating resource and budget according to priority. Maintain production schedules, tracking peak periods and resourcing accordingly.
- Manage project budgets, conducting timely reconciliations with Director of Operations and finance teams. Conduct quarterly and annual reforecasts with manager. Track budgets as assigned and be fluent in software such as SAP.
- Maintain accurate records of materials produced for Trade Shows, making recommendations for efficiencies and ensuring that all design related material is produced on time and to budget.
- Ensure that the BBC scheduling tool is used accurately, that all bookings are kept up to date, any potential issues are highlighted and that there is accurate electronic representation and documentation reflecting the department’s activity.
- Maintain a black book of freelance contacts including specialists across creative, design, production, operations, digital & social, trade & experiential, planning and post production.
- Oversee all print buying for the department ensuring that best prices are obtained and bulk ordering is employed to keep costs down. Work with the design and creative teams to ensure the best print solutions are sought to complement the design strategy per project. Align with other divisions across BBC Studios.
- Providing design resource and management for all Global Campaigns, work closely with the Producer B2C and Production Manager B2C to forward plan production, sourcing the appropriate design resource and delivering the work on time and to budget.
- Be a guardian of the BBC Studios brand. Work with brand teams and brand managers to ensure that all artwork produced follows brand guidelines and making changes where necessary. Ensure clients/suppliers are aware of the BBC brand guidelines directing them to the online brand guidelines.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for someone who has excellent Design Management experience of workflows, kit, capabilities and specialisms.
Experience in putting together complex timelines in Excel, live tracking and communicating consequences of changes to a variety of relevant parties. The ability to put contingency planning in place and mitigate risk.
Calm under pressure and skilled in managing peak periods in the lead up to markets. Expert knowledge of the print industry with print-buying experience. Experience in using Traffic management software for global campaigns desirable. Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Technical knowledge - Mac literate, with Quark, Illustrator, InDesign, Freehand, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word Skills.
Substantial experience operating at a senior level in a media environment or creative agency.
About the BBC
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.