Supplier Relationship Manager
This is an interim role to provide temporary cover for a period of 8 months absence in the role of Supplier Relationship Manager in the Digital Partners agency team (part of BBC Design + Engineering Distribution & Business Development). This role supports three of the BBC's digital frameworks (general Digital Services; Digital Test Services; and Mobile Application Development); and responsibility for successful project delivery is shared with BBC Procurement.
In this role you will fulfil a range of supplier relationship management functions, with specific responsibility for the outsourcing of BBC digital contracts to the independent digital agency sector. These are typically audience-facing projects with a strong technology focus but may also include aspects of online content development (e.g. mobile applications; online educational experiences; production tools for VR). Projects range in value from c£50k to c£1m.
Each project is unique in terms of its specific supplier requirements. You will be supporting BBC buyers in BBC Design + Engineering, as well as digital commissioners in other areas of the BBC (in agreement with BBC Procurement). You will work closely with BBC teams to determine the exact requirements for each project; and to ensure these are specified in accordance with BBC standard commercial practices.
Levels of support required will vary from project to project, depending on the specific requirements and the buyer’s level of familiarity with the outsourcing process.
You will be first point of contact for digital agencies looking to compete for these projects and, alongside colleagues in the Digital Partners agency team, will be responsible for ensuring good working relationships with the independent digital sector in general. You will work closely with colleagues in BBC Procurement (owners of the Digital Framework Agreements) to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with BBC policy; and to provide further project support as required
The ideal candidate will have recent experience of public sector procurement; preferably in a digital or technology context.
The role holder will be responsible for:
* Managing call-offs from the Digital Services Framework III and the Mobile Applications Framework on behalf of selected project teams in other BBC divisions (exact list of supported teams determined in agreement with BBC Procurement; also management of closed and open digital tenders and Requests For Information etc for same.
* Advising BBC buyers on project timescales to ensure that each project timeline allows sufficient time for suppliers to respond and for project teams to evaluate each response.
* Ensuring all supplier queries about a specific project are answered in a timely and accurate way, and within the specified clarification period
*Using BravoSolution (the BBC’s e-procurement platform) to manage all aspects of the tendering process.
* Providing centralised support for BBC users of the Digital Testing Framework; this includes reviewing, advising and coordinating buying teams on Work Orders prior to sign-off.
* Tracking supplier performance for the Digital Testing Framework using Service Levels performance, providing regular and ad hoc feedback and formal reviews with buying teams to identify trends, ensure early identification of any possible problems and developing recommendations for remedy
* Chairing monthly supplier Performance Meetings for the Digital Testing Services Framework.
* Attending the quarterly Business Review meetings for the Digital Testing Services framework; including the provision of updates on supplier performance and making any recommendations for changes as necessary. (This may involve occasional travel to BBC offices at Media City UK, Salford).
* Monitoring estimated and committed/actual spend via each Framework Agreement to ensure that spend does not exceed the Finance Committee approved value and tracking against the OJEU anticipated contract value.
* Providing additional project support for call-offs etc to BBC Procurement as required.
* Providing general support and guidance to BBC teams with regards to understanding and use of the Digital Frameworks and advising when it is appropriate to use another form of procurement solution eg Direct Tender, Closed Tender, Open Publication or another BBC Framework;
*Supplier relationship management – working with the BBC’s digital supplier base and regularly attending meetings with both new and current suppliers ; including responding to general queries regarding from digital suppliers about working with the BBC and the Digital Frameworks.
* Advising on and making recommendations for future developments in the BBC's digital market engagement strategy.
Are you the right candidate?
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive domain experience and track record of achievement in the media sector
- Thorough understanding of the content delivery landscape (broadcasting and IP) and the BBC’s position in it, and the strategic importance of the distribution business
- Good influencing and diplomatic skills, able to build trusting, productive relationships with senior level contacts inside and outside the organisation
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills. Experience of influencing strategy at a senior level
- Good understanding and experience of legal terminology and contract principles, negotiation and practices
- Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams across organisational boundaries, managing diverse stakeholder interests
- Project management skills and demonstrable experience of major projects and programmes
- Able to work on own initiative, under pressure and to tight deadlines, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to deal with multiple issues as they arise, remaining calm and effective
- Flexibility in dealing with different scenarios and people, and with skills to resolve conflict
- Able to influence by example and inspire appropriate behaviours amongst colleagues
- Ability to build and lead effective teams, and to ensure tasks are followed through to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint & specialist software packages relevant to the activities of the role
8 Month FTC/Attachment
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here