Systems Engineer (Audience Platform)
- Enthusiasm for building, deploying and maintaining well documented and testable systems
- Work closely with other team members to build systems collaboratively
- The ability to question the way we work, and the tools and processes we use - we’re always aiming to make our team the best it can be
- Good communication skills - a great candidate will be able to talk to other engineers, to non-engineers, and is happy to communicate with people remotely across multiple BBC sites
- Curious and embraces change - we’re always learning new technologies and requirements often change, you’ll enjoy this challenge
- Goal oriented - you’ll enjoy finishing the job by developing the final details
- You’ll align with the BBC core values of trust, audiences, quality, creativity, and working together.
Are you the right candidate?
- Python, Java 8 or Scala
- Experience with AWS (CloudWatch, EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, IAM)
- Experience with Jenkins for CI/CD
- Version control systems such as git
- Experience of working with databases. E.g. Mysql, PostgreSQL or Redshift
- Linux Admin, ideally CentOS
Contract type: Continuous
Location: London, White City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here