BBC Technology is responsible for providing industry-leading End User Compute (EUC) services to BBC News, BBC Radio, BBC Television, BBC Sport, BBC Children’s and all other BBC Divisions, supporting the BBC's digital transformation and helping to change the BBC into an internet-fit broadcaster. Providing critical services to these world famous industry leaders, we are proud to be an integral part of the most renowned broadcasting and media organisation in the world.
This is a role within the BBC Technology department called End User Compute (EUC), your aim will be to assist, and be instrumental in ensuring we reach our ambitions in Collaboration & SaaS Product delivery. You will be a positive, friendly face to end users and work closely with our suppliers and other EUC product teams.
- Team: Working alongside other senior team members both locally and remotely you will participate in group objectives, deliverables and meetings. EUC SaaS team run a high cadence of new SaaS products to the business. You will understand and convey their value to our end user, identifying which technology is right for their use case.
- Product Support: Own product issues through to resolution, and communicate with the client until fully resolved. Effectively liaise with end users, service providers, suppliers and vendors. Assisting 1st and 2nd line support teams to resolve the issues or escalation to vendor/suppliers where appropriate.
- Configuration: SaaS products configuration, change control and documentation.
- Systems Training: Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies. Assisting change and communications team in creating training documentation.
- Development: Competence in one or more mainstream development languages is required. Develop effective small applications and integrations that meets given specifications. Create and manage scripts for automation. Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensuring code quality.
- Testing: To perform user testing of all issues, enhancements, and project functionality.
- Documentation: Keeping technical & governance documentation up to date.
The Ideal Candidate
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, and manage your own workload in a very busy environment. Punctual and available you will represent a single point of assistance and escalation for users.
- Demonstrable knowledge in cloud computing and experience in one or more of the SaaS products below:
- O365 platform and its products such as Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Platform etc.
- Dropbox, G-suite, Adobe, Miro, Slack, etc.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting, API services or competence in one or more mainstream development languages.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience of all the above skills, the above just gives an example of the kind of technologies we’re working with. If you’re great, we want you!
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Salford or Cardiff
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here