Systems Engineer x 2
Sitting within the BBC NI technology and Operations Department the role would focus mainly on the support and maintenance of one of the BBCs key BMS systems known as Whats On.
You would be responsible for provision of support for the implementation, integration, commissioning, testing of the systems deployed in the delivery of the Whats On system. You would report to the Principle Systems Engineer within the area
- Key role within engineering team in the planning, design, development, integration, commission and test of systems
- Responsible for delivering technology solutions that meet the agreed specifications for elements of broadcast projects
- Work with project, product and technical leads, and contractors and manufacturers to design media systems and create implementable solutions to the business technical requirements
- Identify and implement ways of achieving business needs and functional requirements by means of technical innovation and development, ensuring desired levels of resilience are achieved
- Working within the project team to collaboratively write and review test specifications and test plans ensuring that they are clear, concise and cover all agreed functionality
- Maintain knowledge of industry and competitor developments in order to learn new technologies and help introduce them where appropriate
Are you the right candidate?
To be successful for this role you must have indepth knowledge of Oracle SQL Developer and significant file/media movement technologies.
You should 2nd line support experience of complex aggregated Database Environment and demonstrable experience in PowerShell, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft System Centre Operation Manager.
You should also have demonstrable experience of HP Server Hardware.
Contract type: Continuing (permanent)
Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please clickhere