A wholly-owned commercial subsidiary of the BBC, BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
Welcome to BBC Studios Team Assistant and Administration Community.
The purpose of this community is to keep you abreast of opportunities in our administration and assistant functions and to update you on interesting and exciting activities happening in BBC Studios. By joining this talent pool, you grant BBC Studios permission to contact you about relevant opportunities.
The Business Administrative position at BBC Studios delivers transactional services and processing activity to a team/function within the business. This generally involves providing information, managing data and executing process delivery while following clearly defined process, in line with pre-defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This is a business support role providing transactional and administrative assistance as part of a shared service entity or to a dedicated team/function with the BBC.
Following clearly defined processes and in line with defined SLAs provide efficient administrative assistance to the team/function.
Work in partnership with colleagues and respond to queries via all forms of communication based on readily-available data and understanding of policy and process to deliver assistance to required standards.
Ensure that administrative processes are undertaken in line with policy.
Provide accurate and timely responses and communication, responding to queries and requests as appropriate.
Book travel and meeting rooms, process timesheets, taking meeting minutes, ordering supplies, etc.
Accurately maintain filing systems, ensuring confidentiality and following auditing processes.
Use business support systems, enter data and produce good quality management information reports to schedule.
Open mail, scan/record as required, prepare correspondence, and send using appropriate means to complete processes in an accurate and timely fashion.
Responsible for coordinating team IT requests, user administration, systems access and record keeping. Working with the lead asset manager to ensure those who are joining, moving, or leaving the department are equipped appropriately with the right IT.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Relevant office experience demonstrating a range of administrative skills, including good telephone manner.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively, to coordinate activities and conflicting demands to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work well with a range of people at all levels.
- Experience in assisting multiple senior stakeholders professionally and with discretion.
- Strong computer skills with extensive demonstrable experience in office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to use own initiative, be proactive, and deal with specific queries as they arise.
- Attention to detail and practical experience in gathering, analysing, and collating confidential information.
- Diary management experience.
- Team player attitude, happy to assist across the supportive functions teams as required.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, it spans content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. BBC Studios’ award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms. It has offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The company, which makes 2500 hours of content a year, is a champion for British creativity around the world and a committed partner for the UK’s independent sector. BBC Studios has revenue of £1.4bn, and returns around £200m to the BBC Group annually, complementing the BBC’s licence fee and enhancing programmes for UK audiences.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.