BBC Studios is the most awarded Production Company and the Talent Team that supports the business, provides a top class search function for the Studios Divisions covering Factual Entertainment & Events, Entertainment & Music and Factual across output such as Wanted Down Under, The One Show VTs, Sunday Morning Live and more!
The Talent Team forms part of the BBC HR service and works collaboratively across all divisions in the non-scripted market.
We are currently looking for a Talent Executive, based in and with a strong knowledge of, the broadcast TV and content production freelance market in Northern Ireland. The ideal candidate will have a background in content production in broadcast television and understand the needs for / have experience of sourcing off-screen freelance talent for productions on both a forward planned and fast-turnaround basis.
Working from our Belfast office, the selected candidate will be responsible for attracting and engaging the best editorial and production management talent with the right skillsets to work on our award winning productions
- Support the division or functional team by ensuring recruitment and HR guidelines and approvals processes are known and understood by all.
- Maintain a highly engaged pipeline of talent for the region / local market
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships across management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. HR, Reward and Diversity teams)
- Collaborate with others on the recruiting team on initiatives and/or projects as required
- To own the day-to-day relationships with all key client Stakeholders who interact with your area of specialism
- Find and engage unique freelance talent through creative sourcing techniques
- Negotiating rates and understanding budgetary requirements of productions
- Managing the end to end hire from engagement through to offer stage
The Ideal Candidate
As our Talent Executive, you will have a background in content production for broadcast television either to Producer level in editorial or Production Manager level in production management. You must have proven experience in full cycle recruiting at all levels for a non-scripted, production focused environment. A demonstrable passion and knowledge of talent needs in production with extensive understanding of the local market is essential for this role.
You will bring with you an existing network / prior experience tracking off screen talent – this is critical to the role. In addition, you will be detail-oriented, and have strong organisational skills
Contract type: 12 month FTC
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here