Talent Manager - BBC Children's & Education
The BBC is the leading Children's broadcaster in the UK. We are proud of the award-winning content we make across all platforms television, online, radio, apps, YouTube, social media and more. BBC Children's and Education is committed to offering the best cross-platform and on-demand service for all UK children, providing a trusted environment which is enriching, enabling and relevant to the under 16's. Our content seeks to entertain, inform and empower children, adding real value to their lives.
The Children's and Education Talent Team form part of BBC HR and work collaboratively with the BBC Children's and Education department. The Talent Team are responsible for attracting and recruiting fantastic and diverse talent into the BBC, supporting the career development of internal colleagues, and ensuring an excellent candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
We are currently seeking a Talent Manager to join our embedded team within BBC Children's and Education to provide specialist end-to-end recruitment and partner with our production teams to source, develop and retain the best talent to create our award-winning content for BBC Children's young, diverse audiences.
The Talent Manager will:
- Be responsible for day to day recruitment activity for their allocated departments, and create talent pools relevant to the production genre
- Create excellent relationships with stakeholders, and develop an in depth knowledge of production requirements, team structures and future talent needs
- Ensure smooth movement of staff between productions and projects in line with Recruitment and Attachment policies
- Contribute to the identification of internal and external talent and build this understanding into collaborative and proactive workforce planning with managers
- Deliver an excellent and consistent recruitment experience both to hiring managers and candidates
- Develop an in depth understanding of pay and recruitment policies to deliver a consistent recruitment process
- Consult with hiring managers to identify appropriate assessment methods for each role
- Support the delivery of internal and external talent events
- Identify and utilise networks and social media to attract quality and diverse talent
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about contributing to the success of BBC Children's and Education through providing a proactive and knowledgeable recruitment service. You will have experience of working in fast paced recruitment environment where the need to work collaboratively with hiring managers has been vital. It will be really beneficial in this role if you are organised and have a track record of utilising data and systems such as SAP or an ATS to support the delivery of your work. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to attract fantastic and diverse candidates and work closely with managers to identify potential. You will ideally have worked in an in house recruitment team and have an appreciation of key employment law legislation.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Media City, Salford
Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please clickhere