Team Assistant, Distribution Operations
BBC World Service Distribution ensures that the BBC’s international public services are prominent and available on appropriate platforms, now and in the future. We need a highly motivated person to join our team and play a role in the evolution of BBC services across broadcast and online platforms to suit our diverse audiences.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.
- Provide diary and travel planning/booking support to the head of department and direct reports
- Ensure all supplier commitments are raised in a timely manner in line with the agreed budget and supplier terms.
- Be a primary point of contact for the individual team members for queries about billing and payments
- Support projects/working groups by providing general administration services, basic analytics reports and tracking outputs.
- Support the implementation of strategic priorities and policies by providing and collating information as required.
- Support other members of the Distribution team with any business process related queries
Are you the right candidate?
The right candidate should have:
- Relevant experience in a similar or related role providing support to a senior level executive/manager covering diary management, travel and general admin fuctions.
- Strong SAP Business and SAP HR (Smartbook) experience.
- Experience in supporting projects/working groups by carrying out general administration tasks and producing basic progress reports as directed.
- Familiarity of the BBC’s business processes.
Contract: Continuing contract
Please note there will be a test associated with SAP when invited for interview.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here