Team Assistant (Production)
BBC Worldwides portfolio of franchise and genre brands exist to extend the enjoyment of global audiences favourite programmes and includes the longest running sci-fi TV show in the world Doctor Who; the world-renowned entertainment format Dancing With The Stars which has over 50 international versions; the most successful motoring entertainment show in the world Top Gear, which has been sold to over 220 territories; and the leading factual umbrella brand BBC Earth, which amplifies landmark natural history titles such as Planet Earth II as well as overseeing live events, web activity and giant screen experiences associated with the brand.
The Team Assistant will provide support to the Production Coordinators for the EMEA Creative team where required providing technical and administrative support, delivering transmission material and assisting with the operational running of the production team. The Team Assistant will also be required to assist the Creative team with more general duties, such as media management, QC and delivery of all promotional material.
- To provide technical and administrative support to the Creative Team, including Media Management
- To assist the Production Co-ordinator and Creative Team in the delivery of all projects
- To produce TX logs for edits and audio sessions
- To accurately enter transmission details into the scheduling data base
- To accurately enter music details into the scheduling data base
- To schedule and manage ordering of material required for monthly promo production
- To maintain the organisation of the shared drive and ensure that all material received is filed correctly
- To contribute to ad hoc projects as appropriate
- To schedule the workload effectively
- To be responsible for maintaining the media library and archiving system
- To establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- To act as a focal point of contact for the team
- To collate relevant statistical data and help maintain spreadsheets
- To maintain the organisation of the shared drive & SAN and ensure that all material received is filed and archived correctly
- To maintain administrative systems
- To assist with the compilation of entries for national and international award ceremonies
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to use proficiently a range of software packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Premiere and the aptitude to learn new software packages where required.
- Experience of managing a media library
- Knowledge of post production equipment and procedures
- Familiarity with broadcast standard equipment and a knowledge of the media formats regularly used in the production environment.
- Knowledge of formats and reformatting digital files to new specifications with an understanding of broadcast formats
- Experience of working in a multilanguage environment
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts, and the ability to deal with contacts with tact and sensitivity
- A good team player
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities
- A flexible approach
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and work flexibly and independently, without close supervision, referring to managers only where necessary
- Pro-active approach to self-development and adapting to new ways of working and improvements in production techniques
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of BBC Worldwide Channels
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.