Team Assistant - Corporate Finance, Tax& Treasury team (based W12, London)
97% of UK adults use the BBC every week. Whether they come to us for award winning drama, the UK’s most trusted news service, or Europe’s biggest radio station – they expect us to be well run and deliver value for money. The Corporate Finance Tax & Treasury teams work with all parts of the BBC to help deliver against this expectation providing financial support and advice across the BBC Group:
The Team Assistant is an integral part of the team and key to its success.
- working discretely with confidential /sensitive/complex information
- dealing confidently with senior stakeholders both internal and external – often acting as the first point of contact for the Director/Senior Team
- comprehensive diary management service for the Director and his/her senior team
- contributing to the effective working of the team which may include working with team members on developing and implementing new ways of working (eg on-boarding and induction), organising team meetings and events (including social events)
- using standard MS Office and business systems (eg SAP) with confidence as raising POs/processing invoices will be required
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- A successful track record at senior personal assistant level.
- Excellent organisation, diary management and planning skills – handling multiple and often conflicting requests calmly and effectively, and regularly reprioritising workload to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Significant tact and integrity is required to manage the sensitive nature of information that the role will manage.
- Good ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Strong computer literate skills, with demonstrable experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to use own initiative, be proactive and deal with specific queries as they arise.
- High attention to detail and practical experience of gathering and collating complex and confidential information.
- Media sector experience.
- Relevant PA qualification.
- Previous experience of operating as a PA at Board / Director level.
Interviews for this role will take place w/c 14th August. Please advise recruitment if you are not available during this time.
About the Company
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.