BBC Worldwide’s portfolio of franchise and genre brands exist to extend the enjoyment of global audiences’ favourite programmes and includes the longest running sci-fi TV show in the world Doctor Who; the world-renowned entertainment format Dancing With The Stars which has over 50 international versions; the most successful motoring entertainment show in the world Top Gear, which has been sold to over 220 territories; and the leading factual umbrella brand BBC Earth, which amplifies landmark natural history titles such as Planet Earth II as well as overseeing live events, web activity and giant screen experiences associated with the brand.
The Team Assistant will provide support to the Executive Creative Director as well as general day to day office administration for the Central Creative Services team. They will be required to manage the Executive Creative Director's diary and be in charge of general departmental duties, such as making travel arrangements, submitting expenses, setting up team meetings, organising events and away days, working on creative presentations and pitches, managing awards entries and setting up new starters.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, highly organised and demonstrate great attention to detail. They will be able to prioritise and balance the needs of the ECD along with their departmental duties. They will also have the capacity to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- To manage the Executive Creative Director's diary and help schedule review and approval sessions - working with the production managers.
- Manage the Executive Creative Director’s travel arrangements as per BBC Worldwide policy.
- To act as a focal point of contact for the Executive Creative Director
- Managing the budget and logistics for key events that the department may hold such as away days and creative summits.
- Organising and delivering all materials for award entries
- Managing all new starters, liaising with other departments such as IT, to ensure that there is a smooth transition into the creative team without disruption to work flow.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Creative Director and the Creative team.
- To develop and maintain office and administrative systems.
Scope and Impact
Key measures of success:
Smooth running of departmental events.
Creative Department equipment resource is managed to full capacity.
Effective on-boarding of freelancers without disruption to work flow.
Positive stakeholder feedback.
Consistent support to the Executive Creative Director
LINE MANAGEMENT: Executive Creative Director
STAKEHOLDERS: Director of Production and Ops, Studio Manager, Producer (Campaigns), Producer (Trade), Production Manager (Campaigns)
PEERS: Team Assistants, Production Co-ordinators
Are you the right candidate?
- Budget management
- Time Management
- Proficient in a range of software packages including Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SAP or other finance system, and the aptitude to learn new software packages where required.
- Experience of maintaining office systems and following administrative procedures - devising new systems where appropriate.
- Highly organised and efficient with a 'can-do' mentality.
- The ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Ability to deliver to challenging deadlines.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities.
- Flexible approach.
- Demonstrates pro-activeness, foreseeing problems ahead of time and devising solutions.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of Worldwide Channels
No specific educational qualifications required.
- Experience of working as a personal assistant to a senior manager - ideally within a Creative Services or Events Team.
- Experience of devising and refining detailed administrative procedures