This role will primarily support the User Experience & Design team (UX&D) that sits within the Design and Engineering Division. The UX&D team is approximately 200 people, spread across London, Salford, Glasgow and Cardiff, working across BBC online, apps, connected TV, platforms, and employee experiences - providing world class design and research.
Please note that Business Management & Admin encourage rotation around other teams, there may be potential for the successful candidate to rotate teams at some point in the future.
Within this role you will:
- Provide comprehensive administrative and operational support to the team using discretion to identify and resolve first line issues, referring to supervisor/manager for assistance as necessary.
- Support the Business Coordinator and Business Advisor with operational duties within the Lines of Business;
- Organise key team meetings including co-ordination and distribution of agendas, supporting documents, production and distribution of minutes, and follow-up on outstanding actions.
- Assess the range and volume of work to be undertaken for the day or days ahead and plan to ensure work is completed to time and to an appropriate standard.
- Make routine arrangements and bookings, according to clearly defined instructions.
- Maintain, efficiently operate and improve a range of office processes and administrative systems (including filing) to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Prepare documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software
- Prepare straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data.
- Use discretion to identify and resolve first line issues, referring to supervisor/manager for assistance as necessary.
- Follow set ordering procedures to ensure adequate low value supplies/resources are available to meet office/work unit requirements.
- Responsible for co-ordinating team IT requests, user administration, systems access and record keeping. Working with the business coordinator to ensure those who are joining, moving or leaving the department are equipped appropriately with the right IT
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Proficient across all domains of business management at a Junior Level
- Experience of administrative tasks in particular handling senior level diary management, travel bookings, meeting room bookings
- Experience of building good working relationships with senior management
- Events Management experience or ability/interest in this area
- Experience of Microsoft office (particularly Outlook and other BBC Tools - SAP, Workplace, Expenses)
- Experience of having a pro-active approach
- Knowledge of BBC UX&D or interest in gaining this
12 month FTC/Attachment
Proposed Band B
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.