The Team Assistant role provides business management support to the Distribution & Business Development team of around 50 people. Briefly, D&BD delivers BBC content to audiences. With a mix of strategic, commercial and operational functions, we ensure audiences receive BBC services conveniently, robustly and in high quality, whether they are delivered via TV or radio broadcast platforms or via syndication to on-demand platforms.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and operational support to team using discretion to identify and resolve first line issues, referring to supervisor/manager for assistance as necessary.
- Organise key team meetings including co-ordination and distribution of agendas, supporting documents, production and distribution of minutes, and follow-up on outstanding actions.
- Assess the range and volume of work to be undertaken for the day or days ahead and plan to ensure work is completed to time and to an appropriate standard.
- Make routine arrangements and bookings, according to clearly defined instructions, and provide diary management support to team to help ensure that they use their time effectively.
- Maintain, efficiently operate and improve a range of office processes and administrative systems (including filing) to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Prepare documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software
- Prepare straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data.
- Use discretion to identify and resolve first line issues, referring to supervisor/manager for assistance as necessary.
- Follow set ordering procedures to ensure adequate low value supplies/resources are available to meet office/work unit requirements.
- Responsible for co-ordinating team IT requests, user administration, systems access and record keeping. Working with the lead asset manager to ensure those who are joining, moving or leaving the department are equipped appropriately with the right IT
Are you the right candidate?
• Diary management for a number of managers
• Booking rooms, national and international travel and accommodation
• Organising training for the department
• Collating the weekly departmental updates
• Collating information for monthly reporting
Contract type: Permanent
Location: White City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here