BBC Design + Engineering is building a new and swiftly growing multi-disciplinary technology hub in the BBC’s Scottish headquarters in Glasgow. You will be based in Pacific Quay, the BBC’s flagship site situated just outside Glasgow on the River Clyde, opposite the SECC and next to the Science Centre.
D+E offers a wide range of stretching, creative and impactful careers for talented people. We are the team that's building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, Radio and Online services to millions of people worldwide every day. We offer challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. We uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive administrative support to managers and team members within a nominated team(s). The role will be responsible for a broad range of administrative tasks e.g. the handling and direction of queries, maintenance of records, acting as the first point of contact for the team, co-ordination of projects and activities.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and operational support to team using discretion to identify and resolve first line issues, referring to supervisor/manager for assistance as necessary.
- Organise key team meetings including co-ordination and distribution of agendas, supporting documents, production and distribution of minutes, and follow-up on outstanding actions.
- Maintain, efficiently operate and improve a range of office processes and administrative systems (including filing) to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Prepare documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software.
- Prepare straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data.
- Follow set ordering procedures to ensure adequate low value supplies/resources are available to meet office/work unit requirements.
- Responsible for co-ordinating team IT requests,user administration, systems access and record keeping.
- To maintain admin systems and update workplace with new starter info
- To assist with events, particularly the administration support for recruitment events and assessment centres
- To provide cover as required for the business coordinator and other team /recruitment assistants (help with moves, re-locations, authorisations etc)
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of providing administration support in at least one organisation.
- Organised with ability to prioritise own workload effectively, to co-ordinate activities and conflicting demands to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work well with range of people at all levels.
- Ability to research, gather, analyse, collate and present information as required.
- Proficient computer literate skills, with strong experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.).
- Ability to use own initiative with minimal supervision and deal with routine queries as they arise escalating others as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here