Technology Transfer & Partnerships Coordinator
This role is based within Research & Development (R&D) which is part of the BBC Digital & Engineering Division. R&D has a worldwide reputation for contributing and leading the research and development of many of the key broadcast technologies and their applications over the last 50 years.A significant part of this work is undertaken through partnerships with academic and industrial partners working on EC H2020, InnovateUK and UK Research Council funded projects.
The partnerships team within BBC R&D focuses on collaborative work with universities, industry and external funding bodies for both R&D projects and skills development activities. It oversees a large portfolio of short-and long-term collaborative projects from large multi-national collaborative projects to student internships.
In particular, R&D participates in a number of collaborative projects which are partially funded by the European Commission and UK Government agencies. These grant-funded projects enable us to: scale-up beyond existing capability; work with best-of-breed partners across the world; and deliver more holistic solutions quicker. The partnerships administrator is responsible for administering these types of collaborative projects, which adhere to a wide array of formal rules for proposal submissions, financial administration for project cost recovering, financial and administrative reporting and auditing.
This role is based within the South lab of R&D in West London. It reports to the Head of Partnerships (based in the North Lab at MediaCityUK) and will be largely supervised by the Partnerships Adviser (based at BBC Northampton). This role will support both these members of the Partnerships team, who are based at different locations, hence it is essential for the role holder to be highly self-reliant as direct supervision will not be provided.
The partnerships coordinator plays a central role in managing the administration of the portfolio of collaborative projects with external organisations and finding bodies. In addition they are pivotal in coordinating the activities of the partnerships team. Their specialist skills and pro-active approach help the partnerships team to successfully deliver their business goals.
Are you the right candidate?
- Substantial experience of collaborative project financial administration in a similar role.
- Substantial experience of diverse range of funding bodies grant-based project administration end-to-end, from proposal submission, to award of grants and subsequent project administration.
- Specific experience of the application and reporting procedures of the European Commission, InnovateUK, and UK Research Councils, plus other relevant funding bodies.
- Ability to understand financial and legal documentation.
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise work while responding flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of online information exchange tools, such as document repositories, blogs, wikis etc.
- An understanding of the BBC and its operations is desirable but not essential.
Grade 5 (Proposed Band B)
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.