We're looking for testers and senior testers to help ensure that our web applications meet the requirements and high-quality threshold of our team. You will have experience or knowledge with all forms of testing, i.e. integration testing, functional testing, negative testing, regression testing, deployment testing, automated testing, exploratory testing, performance testing, cross browsers testing, etc.
We are happy to take junior applicants and provide training to help you develop your skills. We are a team that adopts TDD and BDD practices, so you will be expected to pair with developers in implementing test scenarios and to be proactive in identifying opportunities for test automation.
To ensure long-term success you will embrace change and have a desire to learn new technologies and a passion for innovation. Our team spans multiple sites (in this case Glasgow and London), so you will be comfortable with the challenges of collaborating with colleagues remotely.
Within 1 month:
- You'll Be trained in the team's ways of working and given a detailed introduction to the systems and tools that we build
- You'll meet the rest of the team, learn about our tech stack and partner teams, our history, and where we're going
- You'll dive into your first 3-month long mission by pairing with an experienced tester on the team
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Form a detailed understanding of the test requirement of at least one product area within the team.
- Collaborate with product owners, business analysts, UX designers and developers to test end to end-user journeys and scenarios to ship your first feature to audiences
- Provided subject matter expertise and best practices for test automation and assisting in designing/implementing automation frameworks for at least one product area within the team.
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Have worked on two missions and will have been instrumental in shipping larger fully tested features to our stakeholders across the BBC
- Assist your peers by contributing best practices to the Digital Publishing and wider BBC testing community.
- Understand how the Digital Publishing systems work together to create and maintain robust and reusable tests and fixtures to the highest standard.
Within 12 months, you'll:
- Have worked across all our product areas and will be a consulted test expert in at least one.
- Have made a visible impact on the testing strategy of at least one product
- Be involved in defining team-wide testing and coverage strategies and taking ownership of at least one of those strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for working knowledge in the following:
- Experience of working in an agile software development team
- Test automation experience using Cucumber, Selenium, WebDriver
- Some experience of writing unit tests and automated acceptance tests
- Experience of API testing tools like Postman or SOAPUI
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment methodologies
If you also have the below knowledge, that would be highly desireable:
- Experience of cloud-based environments, especially AWS
- Programming knowledge and can code when required
- Experience working within a multi-site team or department
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London or Glasgow
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here