Tester (Developer in Test - Broadcast Systems )
- Taking ownership of the test plan for a particular deliverable.
- Taking responsibility to ensure all necessary testing procedures are carried out and standards are met for a release.
- Work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams with product owners, business analysts, designers, developers, architects and testers to design automated integration tests as well as automated regression tests
- Perform manual exploratory system and regression testing in all environments and across multiple operating systems.
- Working towards increasing the scope of the automation suite by analysing bug data, and writing neat, optimised test code
- Pairing with developers to ensure we have a robust and well written suite of automated acceptance tests
- Contributing to discussions on test process and procedural improvements.
- Gaining good understanding of various technologies. There will be a requirement to learn and develop skills in new technologies, within short periods of time
- Reporting defects and providing progress reports during the testing cycle
- Contributing to discussions on test process and procedural improvements
**Please refer to the Job Description for more information.**
Are you the right candidate?
- Ability to produce quality, reusable and maintainable automated tests.
- Experience testing high volume, complex applications including client server and web technologies
- Ability to track down the root cause of a defect using debugging tools such as Firebug, and to analyse stack traces.
- Ability to pair with developers to implement Acceptance Tests.
- Browser compatibility testing and web testing (desktop and multi-device)
- Ability to understand business requirements and create acceptance criteria to design test cases
- Understand the level of detail required when documenting clear test reports.
- Experience of Agile Programming, pairing and working within a collaborative team.
- Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
- Working knowledge of a Continuous Integration system to create builds, e.g. Jenkins/GitHub.
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Location: White City, London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here