Archive Services in BBC Platform is one of the BBC's most exciting and varied areas to work in. We provide a range of new and inspiring solutions and products for the whole BBC including the Digital Archive, Archive Search and Redux to maximise the reuse of our content and increasingly through next generation technology build new and advanced tools that will provide compelling content propositions while at the same time safeguarding and preserving our important broadcast heritage.
You will be part of a larger team who support platforms that powers BBC services reaching millions of people in the UK and across the globe.
You will be an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic individual with strong automation and agile experience. You must be confident in your abilities and able to take ownership of the testing and automation efforts for the project.
- Implementing automation testing across a number of projects (front and back end systems)
- Working within an Agile environment with both internal and external teams to plan and execute tests using the most appropriate test approach to ensure that the software delivered is as per requirements, fit-for-purpose and delivered to budget.
- Creating high quality, robust and reusable tests and fixtures.
- Providing subject matter expertise and best practises for test automation and assisting in designing / implementing automation frameworks for new and existing applications
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for automation
- Working with project teams to identify key tests for automation and test solutions.
- Collaborating with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Product Owners to write and document end to end user journeys and test scenarios
- Ability and willingness to determine when to automate tests and when to adopt a manual approach to testing
- Providing accurate and timely test status reports
- Creating detailed and accurate Defect/Bug Tickets that facilitate resolution
- Working with the Test Manager to introduce new tools / techniques in test automation and for improving test coverage, reducing test time and improving defect identification.
- Validation of the system as a whole to ensure it delivers the intended business requirements and benefit
- Ensure that a high Test Coverage is achieved
Are you the right candidate?
- Full project Life Cycle experience (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, V-Model)
- ISEB or ISTQB Foundation or higher
- Test automation experience using Cucumber/Ruby, Selenium
- Experience of Quality Assurance across Desktop (Windows, Mac) and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Experience of Cross-browser / Platform Testing
- Experience of at least one of Browser Stack, Saucelabs, Appium, Calabash, Xamarin, TestCloud or other Cloud Service Testing Framework
- Experience of API and Web Services utilising REST and/or SOAP testing (preferably automated using Ruby)
- Familiarity with Bitbucket, Git, SVN or other source control tool
- Knowledge of a Continuous Integration and deployment methodologies
- Ability to create test scenarios in Gherkin
- Ability to write and execute both automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Compatibility) to facilitate defect detection and solution validation
- Load and Performance Testing experience – JMeter or similar open source tool preferable
- Experience of Cloud based environments
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defining Test Data and Reports
- Experience of formulating and managing Regression Test Packs
- Ability to understand Sequence / State Transition Diagrams, Use Cases, Detailed Designs and Wireframes
- Understanding of Change and Configuration Management principles.
- Experience of Test and Issue Management tools e.g. TestRail, Quality Centre, Jira, Enterprise Tester, etc.
- Experience of Managing Test Environments, Test Devices and OS versions required for testing
- Ability to Troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here