Software Testers, Automation - Mid & Senior Levels
The BBC aims to stimulate and delight audiences across the UK with distinctive, creative content. To support this aim, BBC is entering a new charter period of significant and exciting change, developing new capabilities in order to define a BBC fit for the next generation.
OUR MISSION: To inform, educate and entertain all audiences, to deliver our public purposes
OUR AIM: To reinvent the BBC for a new generation
We’ll do this through... OUR AMBITIONS: Making sure everyone gets value from the BBC, world-class creativity, global reach, financial stability and making the BBC an even greater place to work.
- Writing and executing functional tests and carrying out exploratory testing to assess product performance.
- Support, implement and help shape the test approach.
- Planning, estimating and reporting test activities.
- Contributing to test process and procedural improvements.
- Raising descriptive, concise and useful defect reports.
- Leading defect triage meetings with other disciplines.
- Troubleshooting– finding critical bugs or verifying reported issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution liaising with other teams where appropriate.
- Supporting change through experimenting and analysis to improve processes.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Working with other test roles and development teams to ensure the spread of good practices and sharing of knowledge.
- Provide support in tool evaluations and selections.
- Communicating status information and issues to a variety of stakeholders, adapting appropriately depending on the audience.
- Working with product teams and stakeholders to ensure that each feature is clearly understood before implementation, validated early and throughout implementation, and verified when implementation is complete.
- Learn from and contribute to the test community.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of and ability to design and execute effective tests
- Evidence planning, executing functional, systems and regression test.
- Experience applying an analytical and detail-orientated approach to problem solving and solution design.
- Experience implementing continuous improvement.
- An aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working.
- Ability to input and support in creation, adaptation and execution of effective test strategies.
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and innovate.
- Good written and spoken communications skills.
- Work closely and communicate clearly within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to experiment, analyse and continually improve test practices.
- Good understanding of test automation and its value within agile delivery.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Working knowledge of product/defect/test case management systems.
- An appreciation of good user-experience and able to be the users/audience advocate.
- Good understanding of usability and accessibility of applications and products.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here