UK Finance Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Manager to join our UK Finance team on a 12 month FTC. The UK Finance Manager provides financial and non-financial information and analysis to enable the business to make appropriate and effective decisions, ensuring that effective reporting and controls are in place to support a diversified and substantial business. The role also has line management responsibilities to manage and develop two Finance Analysts.
Motivate, develop and manage the performance of two direct reports, building a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities to adequately partner the business.
Provide analysis and interpretation of the business area results and partner key internal stakeholders to support the business to deliver the results.
Co-ordinate development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts to support the Finance Director/ Head of Finance to deliver the annual budget, quarterly re-forecasts and five year plan for the business areas.
Work with the business areas to develop KPIs, set targets and provide on-going performance monitoring to support business to deliver results and identify efficiencies
Provide assistance with modelling business opportunities by investment case preparation for both existing business cases and new business opportunities to support development of commercial strategy.
Review and manage the business area cashflow to report on variances and work the business units to constantly refine and improve cashflow reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be a qualified accountant
- Management Leadership – demonstrate the ability to manage and develop a team
- Analytical and financial modelling skills, adept with Excel and ideally SAP / BW
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Be a confident Business Partner with Commercial acumen
- Complex problem solving
- Proactive, self-starter
- Communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate sometimes complex accounting rules to non-accountants
- Proven track record in a cost focused business area is essential.
- Media sector and consumer facing business experience is desirable.
- Experience of working in a global organisation and developing a high calibre finance team, is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including pivot tables). SAP and BW experience preferable.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.