We are looking for an experienced, professional, and enthusiastic UX Delivery Manager to join BBC’s User Experience and Design team (UX&D). In UX&D you’ll get to work with colleagues that apply human-centered design to BBC’s amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
As a delivery manager, your first assignment will be working closely with the UX&D leadership team to help support our design operation initiatives and manage the procurement for our design agency roster. You’ll need extraordinary organisational skills, a calm head, great communication and persuasion skills, sharp thinking and a good eye for detail. Your role will involve working with designers, procurement, legal, finance, business management and recruitment teams whilst building partnerships with external agencies and suppliers to coordinate design activities.
In addition, you will be joining the wider UX deliver management family where there is the opportunity to rotate after your first assignment to another project space.
Being part of this world-class team you’ll also need to be able to:
- Manage the delivery of best-in-class design work from BBC UX & Design by safeguarding team health and creating and optimising efficient delivery processes.
- Promote and nurture an environment of collaboration between multi-discipline teams (UX, Engineering, Editorial, other BBC products, and horizontal systems).
- Maintain and optimise operational ceremonies & processes - from agile task management, roadmap planning, running team meetings, onboarding new people & managing third parties.
- Work closely with Creative Directors and Heads of Design to enable the team to produce high-quality work and deliver on time into an agile workflow.
- Monitor and manage the health and happiness of the team so they can focus on what they are best at.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have experience in project and account management in design/ digital media industry or similar.
- Strong organisational skills, plus understanding and experience of Lean and Agile methods.
- Experience planning and delivering projects using human centred design methods.
- You’re an excellent communicator and have experience working across multidisciplinary teams and building strong senior stakeholder management sponsor relationships. You are confident at giving senior people tasks and presenting to those people too.
- You have experience managing teams and people – focussing on team health and running retrospectives. You’re always listening and watching for how to improve ways of working.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Salford or London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here