User Experience Designer (Top Gear)
Your first assignment will be in the BBC Studios Design team, working on Top Gear, one of the BBC’s biggest and most popular brands worldwide. Top Gear is in a very exciting period of change, moving towards a fully digital-first experience of the brand's content, with the UX team at the forefront of this drive. At the beginnings of this journey, there is plenty of opportunities for a talented individual to flex their innovation and creativity in this role. Top Gear is also a commercial business, generating profits that are re-invested in the public service broadcaster; by joining us you'd have the chance to be part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to reach its ambitious growth goals, as well as the broader UX&D outfit at the BBC
The Top Gear design team is looking for a UX designer that will execute design work across multiple streams with a focus on:
- The ability to come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into logical solutions that centre around our user needs
- Work with our editorial and commercial teams to ensure our business needs are met without compromising on the user experience
- Champion the Top Gear brand through design consistency while appreciating and pushing the brand's USP into its improved digital space
- Execute design work that adheres to best practice UCD and GEL standards across the BBC
- Collaborate with design and product development teams in order to create new experiences and evolve design patterns
- Advocate the value of UX design with stakeholders across the business
Are you the right candidate?
We’re looking for someone who can bring imagination and curiosity to help the BBC solve some of its biggest challenges to date. You will like collaborating with people from a variety of disciplines and using your design skills to help make great ideas come to fruition. You’ve probably worked alongside researchers and business analysts to discover requirements in complex environments, and are happy and capable of running multiple projects at once.
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here