We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic User Experience Architect (Information Architect) to join BBC's UX&D team, where you get to apply human-centred design and information architecture to BBC's amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
You'll join the ace team of UX designers, architects and researchers who collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award-winning) digital experiences on mobile, desktop, TV, and beyond, across all of BBC digital products.
We're part of Design & Engineering, a division delivering world-class experiences to audiences across the world, and helping create a BBC that’s truly fit for future.
As a UX Architect you'll join a team of information architecture specialists within UX&D who are committed to making BBC content, experiences and tools more meaningful and connected. We don't just care about the information – our priority is always the user and their experience.
You'll be closely collaborating with other BBC products and help them deliver against our combined ambitions. Your role will involve working with product, engineering, editorial, marketing and other disciplines.
The Ideal Candidate
- You've done impressive work across different screens, be they mobile, connected TV, tablet or desktop. And you've got the portfolio to prove it.
- You know that making complex digital products and services isn't just about designing the thing that the user sees, it will often require thinking about how the system works. You can make a complicated thing more meaningful, which often involves finding ways to transform data into meaningful information for users.
- Your brain tends towards service design and understanding the flow of data around and between systems. Your specialism could be your wonderful interaction design and concept development, or amazing information architecture skills in domain modelling and developing URL schemes. You love simplicity as much as you respect complexity. And you always stretch yourself to think in literal terms about your architecture in use.
- You're a whizz at collaborating and sharing your ideas with absolutely anyone. And you're not afraid to try out different approaches and styles to get the best out of yourself and others. You're comfortable using your skills and mindset to influence and complement the creativity of other disciplines.
- You're enthusiastic, curious and full of ideas. You see every new situation as a chance to learn something new. So you love trying your hand at the latest design trends and technology developments. And you're constantly fascinated by what people really need, and how we can create the right experience to give it to them.
- Whether you learned your skills in education or on the job, you're comfortable applying them to whatever situation arises. And you’re keen to broaden those skills by trying out whatever new software or situation comes your way.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here