VFX Production Co-ordinator, CGI based Landmark series, BBC Studios Natural History Unit
The BBC Natural History Unit is embarking on a spectacular CGI-based super landmark about prehistoric animals, following on from the recent success of Planet Earth 2 and Blue Planet 2.
We are looking for an experienced VFX Co-ordinator to work on this major ground-breaking project focusing on dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals and their behaviour
The Co-ordinator will be liaising with all members of the team, Producers, AP’s and researchers in the BBC Natural History Unit and with the post-house creating the VFX.
- Managing the daily flow of information and media between these two teams
- Sending and receiving media for remote reviews
- Setting up conference calls
- Note taking in review sessions
- Keeping both the shot database and post-house up to date with feedback and schedule information.
- As well as working right across all aspects of VFX shot production they will be a key facilitator in the planning and organization of the back ground plate photography.
Are you the right candidate?
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised, able to multi task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well in teams and share information
- Experience of working in a VFX team
- Experience of tracking shot progress and updating a shot database
- Familiarity with Filemaker Pro Software would be advantageous but not essential
- Good note taking skills
Contract type:Fixed Term Full Time/Attachment
Due to the Covid19 outbreak and restrictions around social distancing this role would entail working from home until the office re-opens.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here