**You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
BritBox, a BBC and ITV Company, is seeking a VP of Business Development & Strategy who will be responsible for keeping her/his pulse on the business performance as well as leading the charge on new growth opportunities. This role will be responsible for the global distribution negotiations and commercial partnerships across MVPD, OTT and SVOD platforms. Additionally, she/he will provide strategic input into executive and Board level discussions about performance and growth. This is a perfect opportunity for a rising business leader who wants to see the impact of her/his hard work come to fruition at a rapidly growing company.
- Conduct analyses of the media landscape and work with Product leads to ensure prioritization and delivery of BritBox platforms/features that meet customer needs and business objectives
- Lead negotiations for deals with new distribution partners and renewals with existing ones
- Manage business relationships with MVPD, OTT, SVOD and other distribution partners, conducting regular business reviews with all top partners
- Run business development efforts by sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and closing new opportunities to drive revenue and new audiences
- Where necessary, develop business plans (including identifying barriers to entry, go-to-market plans, competitive overviews, etc.) and build financial analysis to understand opportunity cost and ROI for any new potential partnership or project
Business Leadership & Analysis:
- Maintain a close eye on the performance of the business by ensuring core KPIs are met and understand the drivers behind it
- Oversee BAU reporting and ad hoc deeper analysis and insights that provide greater transparency into both the business and customer behavior
- Serve as a thought leader for the company and work with senior executives to develop and present Board materials that synthesizes business performance and the competitive landscape
- Monitor, analyze and communicate industry trends that impact strategic planning and growth
- Act as internal consultant to lead and manage ad hoc strategic projects
The Ideal Candidate
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 8+ years in media or technology
- MBA required
- Negotiation and deal experience with traditional MVPDs and digital distributors
- Analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to create strategic insight
- Experience preparing and presenting business plans
- Superior quantitative modeling skills and a sound understanding of finance
- Excellent research skills and ability to organize, synthesize and present information
- Experience in/or desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Prior experience with new business development and launches
- Exceptional leadership and management skills, able to successfully manage and problem-solve in a group of stakeholders with different priorities
- Emotional intelligence, low ego drive and a commitment to teamwork
- Love of British TV is a plus!
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here