The role will deliver AVOD and publishing activities for BBC Studios’ brands. A primary focus of this role will be managing the supply and publishing of digital content to branded channels (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Web).
The role will also help deliver campaigns for genres and support the commercial & licensing needs for BBC Studios brands.
- Planning and scheduling of monetised video and ‘always on’ digital content across AVOD and social channels (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) using online publishing tools.
- Curate and create reactive social content across a portfolio of genre digital channels including the sourcing/editing of video assets, where required, using programs such as Premiere Pro.
- Produce copy that is optimised for specific platforms (Web, Social and CRM)
- Manage communities and conversations on channels in-line with the agreed strategy and in the brand’s tone of voice.
- Work closely with brand and production teams on the delivery and execution of campaigns.
- Archive rights checking and channel management of video assets, along with administration of metadata, annotations and usage policies.
- Provide research to support a clear and compelling presentation of strategies and ideas to senior stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of content assets, deriving insights from the data available to optimise and improve future asset creation.
Are you the right candidate?
- A proven background in content creation and creativity within a digital space.
- Strong editorial sense and ability to develop content ideas.
- Strong copywriting and subbing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to identify improvements.
- Experience of building and engaging online audiences.
- Proven ability to work with software such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Experience of video platforms and analytics tools
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- An ability to deliver at pace and anticipate deadlines.
- YouTube experience, working across YouTube channels or social video
- Passion for TV, innovative digital brands and online publishers.
- Good knowledge of the digital landscape and experience of online video and social platforms.
- Willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to develop skills according to the changing needs of the business.
- Part of a team responsible for P&L across Social AVOD.
- Works across multiple brands, regions and timeframes and liaises extensively with key stakeholders across different business areas.
- Expected to operate relatively autonomously for most operational activity.
- Key measures of success include: increasing Social AVOD opportunity in line with SEC approved stratgey, audience growth and engagement.
- Reports directly into Programming Executive.
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full time
Location: London TVC
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference BBC/TP/2391562/61101
Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.