BBC World Service, as part of BBC News, is an international multimedia broadcaster, delivering a wide range of language and regional services to serve global audiences. It uses multiple platforms to reach its weekly audience of 394 million across 42 languages. BBC World Service is committed to impartiality, and promotes access to independent and accurate news and provides media literacy training.
Challenging disinformation is a strategic objective for World Service and it is now setting up a new Disinformation Unit to tackle fake news. Producing high-impact and original journalism, the unit will work closely with our six Indian language services, based in Delhi, to provide our global audiences with reliable news to spot disinformation and keep themselves immune from fake news.
We are looking for a Video Journalist to join the team in Delhi for a period of 8 months.
As a Video Journalist you will be responsible for originating creative and innovative ways of visual storytelling, especially for consumption on website, Facebook and YouTube. You will shoot and edit engaging and shareable videos using a range of video, audio and digital equipment and support the editorial team in content production.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to gather and prepare audio and video material for use on any service, recognizing the distinct requirements of different types of output.
- Self-shooting and editing routinely are the main focus of the role.
- A successful record in digital news production with demonstrable experience of both writing text and producing video content to the highest editorial standards.
- The successful candidate will be proficient in FCP and other editing software, and will have a good working knowledge of content management systems such as CPS.
- Demonstrable experience producing content for social media. Enthusiasm for reaching new audiences on social and knowledge of social media best practice, key opportunities and of BBC/WS social strategy.
- A good knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Fluency in one of our 6 Indian languages (Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Telugu, and Tamil) is advantageous
Contract: 8 month fixed term contract. Local terms and conditions apply.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in India.
About the Company
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here