Working to the Vision Supervisor or Lead Technical Operator, Vision Engineers are responsible for delivering high quality output on live studio and outside broadcasts across a range of programme genres. They provide setup and front line support of all the systems associated with these facilities and must do so in a safe, efficient and timely fashion.
- Align, adjust and maintain vision equipment, to ensure the accurate line-up of vision monitoring, camera output and other vision facilities
- Operate camera exposure, black level and colour balance controls, to match cameras and maintain overall picture quality during live and recorded programmes
- Rig and operate VT and digital recording equipment as necessary
- Prepare and operate basic operation of vision mixing equipment
- Operate lighting consoles under the direction of a Engineering Manager
- Conduct front line maintenance of Studio and OB facilities and any liaison with Technical Support as required
- Assist in the training for new members of the team ensuring that they receive operational experience across all relevant areas
Are you the right candidate?
To be successful in this role you must have extensive experience in vision control in TV studios and Outside Broadcasting and the wide range of systems involved including cameras, lighting, mixing, graphics, routing, control, teleprompts, monitoring and power.
You must have a critical approach to picture quality (normal colour vision is usually required for this) and an appreciation of studio lighting with some experience in the setup and operation of lighting systems.
Also required is a good working knowledge of baseband and digital video, ideally including HD-SDI and in depth knowledge of the wide range electrical and electronic equipment used in TV production.
You must have experience of safe working practices in Studio and Outside Broadcast environments including the relevant Electricity at Work requirements, ideally with specific knowledge of BBC Safety policies.
Ideally you will also have some knowledge of IP networks as applied to studio and OB facilities for signal and control systems.
Contract type: 1 year Fixed Term/Attachment Contract
Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please clickhere